Get your shot glasses ready… just kidding! But please do grab something heavy and be prepared to try out an insane 10 minute core workout.
(DISCLAIMER: MY PUP DAISY JOINS ME FOR THIS WORKOUT… SHE MOSTLY JUMPS ON ME AND ON THE OCCASION COUGHS UP SOME FUR BALLS).
This workout is great because you can literally do it ANYWHERE– and you don’t need much. In fact, you can use anything as an added weight: a book, a water bottle, a wine bottle, or in this case a good ol’ bottle of Jack Daniels. If you don’t have an option to use a small weight, that doesn’t mean you can’t do this workout either.
After receiving feedback from some viewers, I decided to do this workout in REAL TIME, so everyone can follow along, and we can break a sweat together. This workout is one of my faves because it’s intense for 10 whole minutes. It’s 50 seconds on, and 10 seconds rest. This is known as “tabata” or “interval” training a.k.a high-intensity (HIIT) that’s been adopted by boot camp devotees, CrossFitters, and plenty of fitness fans who just want to spend less time in the gym. By taking rest periods only half the length of the intense bursts (a 2:1 work-to-rest ratio), the body is forced to perform without a full recovery. This means, midpoint through the workout you should be sweating and out of breath. I know I was, so bare with me, and let’s get this started!
- Knee Ups (knee to opposite elbow)
- Half V Crunch (lay flat and crunch up, keeping your feet off the ground)
- Russian Twist (with/ without whiskey weight)
- Toe Touches
- Oblique Crunch Right (inner knee lifts towards the opposite elbow)
- Oblique Crunch Left (inner knee lifts towards the opposite elbow)
- In and Out (right butt cheek crunch knees into chest, lift legs up and over to repeat on the opposite side)
- Full Sit Up (lifting whiskey above your head)
- 90 Degree Resistance Hold (push hands against knees)
- Pulse (keeping shoulders off the ground, pulse upwards while holding whiskey)
BONUS ROUND: Russian Twist (with/without whiskey, twist right and left, then lift bottle/ weight above head)